Debian 7.1.0 on HP8740p

I've just installed Debian Wheezy 7.1.0 (amd64) and I'm surprised because everything was very easy.


Installation:

I did not remove windows nor debian 6 (i386) (former post: Debian 6.0.6 on HP8470p).

I downloaded firmware-nonfree_0.36+wheezy.1.tar.gz from http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/non-free/f/firmware-nonfree/ and extracted and copied iwlwifi-6000g2a-5.ucode file (removing version information) to a pendrive because first installation try asked me that firmware file for the wifi card to work.


During installation I made a new logical partition for new debian OS (only for /), but I did not make it bootable. I read on the Internet that I could use the same swap than for debian 6 and after installation I could check it with:

fdisk -l
cat /proc/swaps

For the rest a default installation.


When trying to install GRUB, Debian detected all prior installations (windows 7 and debian 6), so as installation instructions recomended, was secure to install GRUB on master boot record.

Everything was ok and every OS boots ok.

After that:

Sound ok
Video ok
Network adapter ok
Webcam ok
Mouse ok
Suspension ok
Hibernation ok
Microphone ok
Wifi ok
Bluetooth ok with Nokia 5200

Comentarios